Evia Bio’s naturally-occurring osmolytes maintain cellular viability and function during cryopreservation and streamline the cell therapy industry supply chain.
THE EVIA BIO CRYOPRESERVATION ADVANTAGE
Osmolytes: naturally-occurring sugars, sugar alcohols and amino acids that protect cells during cryopreservation process
Superior cell viability and functionality, no patient safety concerns, and efficient manufacturing process
Low Regulatory Hurdle
Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) components
Cell Therapy Solutions
Engage with us to replace your DMSO-based cryopreservation with an all-natural cryoprotectant that keeps cells happy and patients safe.
Cell Viability and Recovery
>90% viability and recovery with all the top Cell & Gene Therapy cell types: T-cells, NKs, iPSCs, and MSCs
Reattachment and Expansion
Superior iPSC reattachment compared to DMSO and identical post-thaw growth rate as non-frozen iPSCs
>99% calcium signaling of iPSC derived sensory neurons and maintained self-renewal and pluripotency of iPSCs and differentiation capacity of MSCs
We have demonstrated Evia Bio’s cryoprotectant superior performance over DMSO-based and DMSO-free products in multiple studies – internal R&D projects, confidential customer projects, and peer-reviewed publications – with a broad range of cells typically used in cell & gene therapies: T Cells, T Cells, Natural Killer (NK) Cells, Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs), Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs), and Apheresis products.
Supply Chain Management
After 30 years of sub-standard one size fits all cryopreservation technology, the industry is about to change.
Evia Bio’s DMSO-free cryopreservation technology enables the entire cell therapy supply chain.
- Robust cell performance in Evia Bio’s cryoprotectant even with variable processing times
- Safe components for patients, no washing required
- Cryopreservation formulation optimization using iterative algorithm
- Significant cell viability loss with DMSO within 30 min pre- and post-freezing
- Strict processing times needed with DMSO that complicate solution introduction
- 10-20 % cell loss with each DMSO washing step
- Multiple freezing/thawing and washing steps
- Toxicity and patient infusion adverse effects if DMSO is not washed at the point of care
Get the latest cryopreservation news, CryoChats™ info, and all the updates.